I was laying out some outfits for our fall family photos recently, and figured I’d share a few ideas in case anyone is having a hard time picking out a theme. These are more fall themed than holiday, but you can easily swap out colors for red or burgundy to make it more festive. For the flat-lays, I only did mommy and me ones, mostly because I feel like guys are just way easier to dress. Throw a flannel, thermal or sweater on them with jeans and you’re good. If you are struggling with what your guy should wear for your family photos though, I’d be more than happy to give you some ideas!
- My sweater is Knox Rose from Target, found here
- This hunter green “Luxe” T-shirt from Old Navy is my all time favorite basic T, I have it in white as well which is the best white T I’ve owned to date. They only have a few random colors and sizes left but I guarantee they bring it back this spring/summer so keep your eyes peeled!
- The locket was my grandmothers. This amazing shop has a similar one, and can also make the most beautiful custom portraits to go inside. They are booked for the holidays, but this would make the BEST gift to any mom, grandmother etc!
- Steve Madden suede booties honestly, I got these at the end of last winter for like under $15 at Burlington Coat Factory, which is pretty much how I get all my fall boots, but I’ve linked the closest pair I can find. If you are patient though, go to places like Burlington, TJ Maxx or Marshall’s in the early spring/late winter and you will find something for CHEAP!
- Mila’s dress and sweater are both from Old Navy, her booties were from Wal-Mart, and I made her scarf.
- My scarf I actually bought at the Gift Shop at the hospital I work at
- Hi-low ribbed tee is from Forever 21
- My jeans are American Eagle
- Mila’s poncho is from Bailey’s Blossoms, and that is one of my favorite shops for baby clothes! They have the cutest stuff, and the prices are very reasonable!
- My utility jacket is from byBECK and I’m obsessed with it. I had been looking high and low for literally a year for a similar jacket that wouldn’t break the bank and this is it! It was less than $30 shipped, and I love the gold hardware.
- Mila’s utility jacket was from Old Navy but is sold out, so here’s a similar one
- Her shirt is also from Old Navy.
- My blanket scarf is from last year and I actually got it at Five Below for $5. No joke. I haven’t been back yet this year to see if they have them again but you can also find similar ones at Old Navy.
- My shirt is from last year as well, and I got it at Burlington Coat Factory, here is a similar one from Old Navy, and it’s that same Luxe material as my favorite T.
- My boots are from LLBean and can be found in my LLBean Must Haves post!
- Mila’s dress and sweater are from Old Navy
- Her boots I got on clearance at Wal-Mart, and I bought them in a few sizes to stock up!
- Mila’s shirt is a thermal from Old Navy, and I also got her a printed one. They seem to run kind of small, so definitely size up!
- Her shoes are Carter’s but I actually got them at our local Marden’s. It’s always hit or miss but I’ve found some AMAZING deals on Carter’s apparel for her there. We’re talking like $5 for an entire outfit or fleece pajamas.
- My leopard flats I believe were from either TJ Maxx or Marshall’s, but attached is a similar Steve Madden pair. Leopard flats are a fall staple year after year so you wont regret buying a pair if you don’t already own some!
I’m sorry I wasn’t able to link everything because honestly I’m such a bargain hunter, and I do most of my shopping at places like TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, and Burlington Coat Factory. I just love that you can get high-end brands for a fraction of the price! This at least will give you some ideas and style inspiration even though you can’t shop all the links, so you can be on the hunt for something similar! Hope you enjoyed this post!